Why Choose ALA?
The purpose of the ALA program is to provide an opportunity for advanced students to explore their abilities and interests, associate with like-minded peers, develop new skills, and receive a deeply comprehensive education that assists them in realizing their potentials as future leaders in our country.
We do this by:
- Providing testing that assures us that they have the academic abilities that are necessary for them to be successful in our program.
- Selecting highly skilled educators that have their gifted endorsement or are in the process of pursuing their endorsement.
- Maintaining an awareness of where our students are academically and either assisting them in rigorous learning or extending their knowledge base.
- Piquing their curiosity through rich guided classroom discussion, STEM projects, research, guest speakers, Chemistry Bees, History and Science Fairs, music education, drama productions, PTA Reflections Projects, and field trips.
- Holding a high standard of excellence in academics and citizenship.
- Giving them opportunities to learn a second language, go deeper in the sciences, and be part of an impressive performance choir.
- Teaching them that service is a part of being in a community. We seek to serve within our school, neighborhood, and community.